Sunday, August 4, 2019

For want of a lead!

Hello, it's Chloe here . . . may I share some thoughts that have been niggling me . . . thoughts about the ups and downs of having a boyfriend?


As I've discovered with Blue, having a boyfriend in your life is a very good thing.  I'd be the last cat to argue about that.
It makes your ears prick and your whiskers quiver with excitement . . . oh no,  I certainly wouldn't want to go back to being on my own.

But, for all that, I must admit that boyfriends also present problems.


Now, unlike Blue, I'm very lucky to have a harness and lead . . . and a co-operative Mum on the other end.
Thanks to my lead, I have a very full life outside the garden.

I travel in my Mum's car . . .  we go visiting . . . my Mum takes me for walks in the country . . . I get out and about and thoroughly enjoy myself.

When I'm with Blue in the garden we play.  We have great games together . . . and can sometimes end up feeling quite exhausted.

But Blue is convinced that it's my lead that enables me to go through the garden gate and do exciting things in the world outside.

And, as you'll see in this picture, he wants the lead for himself.
He does his very best to grab it so that he, too, can go outside the garden gate.

But, just between you and me, I'm not at all certain that this would be a good idea.

Wouldn't you agree that there's something rather special about being the only cat in the company of a lot of highly respectful and helpful humans?

Would it be the same if Blue was there as well?
No, I'm not at all sure that it would.

True, I love to sniff noses and play with Blue in the garden. 

But, when it comes to being appreciated by a crowd of humans at a pub lunch . . . being admired on a country walk . . . or bringing pleasure to the patients at the nursing home  . . . well, and don't tell Blue I said this, there's a lot to be said for being a celebrity cat on your own!

Thank you so much for sharing these thoughts.  You've helped me make up my mind that, although it's great to have a boyfriend, they're best kept for games in the garden . . . and without leads!